Human papillomavirus (HPV) has a well-recognized aetiological role in the development of cervical cancer and other anogenital tumours. Recently, an association between colorectal cancer and HPV infection has been suggested, although this is still controversial. This study aimed at detecting and characterizing HPV infection in 57 paired biopsies from colorectal cancers and adjacent intact tissues using a degenerate PCR approach. All amplified fragments were genotyped by means of sequencing. Overall, HPV prevalence was 12.3 %. In particular, 15.8% of tumour tissues and 8.8% of non-cancerous tissue samples were HPV DNA-positive. Of these samples, 85.7% were genotyped successfully, with 41.7% of sequences identifying four genotypes of the HR (high oncogenic risk) clade Group 1; the remaining 58.3% of HPVgenotyped specimens had an unclassified β-HPV. Examining additional cases and analysing whole genomes will help to outline the significance of these findings.
Tanzi, E., Bianchi, S., Frati, E., Amicizia, D., MARTINELLI, M., Bragazzi, N., et al. (2015). Human papillomavirus detection in paraffin-embedded colorectal cancer tissues. JOURNAL OF GENERAL VIROLOGY, 96(1), 206-209 [10.1099/vir.0.070672-0].
|Citazione:||Tanzi, E., Bianchi, S., Frati, E., Amicizia, D., MARTINELLI, M., Bragazzi, N., et al. (2015). Human papillomavirus detection in paraffin-embedded colorectal cancer tissues. JOURNAL OF GENERAL VIROLOGY, 96(1), 206-209 [10.1099/vir.0.070672-0].|
|Tipo:||Articolo in rivista - Articolo scientifico|
|Carattere della pubblicazione:||Scientifica|
|Presenza di un coautore afferente ad Istituzioni straniere:||No|
|Titolo:||Human papillomavirus detection in paraffin-embedded colorectal cancer tissues|
|Autori:||Tanzi, E; Bianchi, S; Frati, E; Amicizia, D; MARTINELLI, M; Bragazzi, N; Brisigotti, M; Colzani, D; Fasoli, E; Zehender, G; Panatto, D; Gasparini, R|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2015|
|Rivista:||JOURNAL OF GENERAL VIROLOGY|
|Digital Object Identifier (DOI):||http://dx.doi.org/10.1099/vir.0.070672-0|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||01 - Articolo su rivista|